Old music sheets are the best. They are aged and yummy. I really want them all over my house and I have ZERO music ability. Maybe that’s why I love them so much!!! These aged sheets of music notes might as well be written in French or Chinese because I have no clue what they say, but they are dreamy to me. You always want what you can’t have right!? I thought it’d be fun to share a few things to do with music sheets in your decor just in case you are like me and would happily have lovely music notes peppering your home.
Just as an fyi – these ideas would work equally as well with old book pages, hymnal papes, maps, Bible pages or newspaper. You’ll see some examples below with book pages, so use your imagination! Feel free to copy your favorite book if you don’t want to tear it up for music sheet crafts and decor. I’ve linked to some of the music sheet projects or book page projects I have done previously if you want more details on any of the ideas below, just click the highlighted words!
Ideas for Music Sheet Crafts & Decor
- Make a sweet banner.
- Stencil on them for a banner or wall art piece.
- Roll them up and tuck them into little vignettes for your home.
- Use them on your table. Under plates or as a table runner they look amazing!
- Print on them. That’s right, feed them through your printer just like plain paper and add gorgeous artwork, typography and inspiration. (I used a map here, but you get the idea!)
- Make ornaments – they are beautiful for Christmas or any holiday.
- Decoupage with them – I used newspaper on these dollar store pumpkins, but music sheets would be perfect.
- Journal on them. Use old hymnals or music books as the backdrop for a creative journal, draw paint and create with music as the background.
- Cut out shapes. Cut shapes out of music sheets to use as a banner, attachment to artwork collages, on a picture frame, slip inside a note, bookmarks or more! Glue them to cardboard for extra body.
- Use music sheets as a canvas for your three dimensional crafts. Small things come together when presented on a larger canvas or grouped together. Music makes the perfect backdrop!I hope these ideas gave you some inspiration today! There are so many things you can do with old music sheets to add a vintage touch and curated style to your home. Will you do me a favor and pin this blog post before you leave? Thanks friend!
Connect more here: