This simple garden tablescape mixes vintage finds with dollar store touches for an elegant garden party feel, it’s the perfect fairy tale story. Ugly ogre weds beautiful princess.
Y’all – the dollar store makes me smile. As miscellaneous and sometimes heinous looking items practically leap into my basket I softly whisper, “I have the perfect spot for you” and joyfully tote my band of misfits home.
Sometimes I gather pink flamingos and beach mats other times it’s spooky characters, but this time it was peat moss pots and janky fake grass sheets. I mean, what are you supposed to do with these grass pieces for real?
Once home an odd cast of characters gather around my table in a fabulous fairy tale.
The young hold hands with the old. Everyone’s inner beauty shines.
And a sweet vintage garden emerges with a cozy spot for the greatest loves in my life.
And I sit and smile because this table is just as it should be with a happily ever after ending.
Vintage Garden Tablescape Tips:
- You can watch me put this table together here!
- Use craft paper or brown wrapping paper for a table runner, softly rip it for a beautiful edge. Hint: Dollar store item!
- Collect old hymnals and books with no cover or in bad condition and use the pages as placemats and decorations.
- Shop all the aisles at the dollar store, the peat moss cups and bad grass mats came from the garden section! The little grass spikes pop off with ease for cute planters.
- Raffia cures all kinds of woes. And it’s perfect for filling little pots with fake greenery. Hot gluing it all together is helpful but not required.
- The chalkboard clips came from the dollar store craft section. Sharpen your chalk for easy writing.
- Invest in good napkins, these are from World Market and don’t cost a ton, their neutral color lets them blend into a million situations.
- Pick up odd china dishes for a beautiful table setting and fun addition at the dinner table. Be sure to actually use them and not just hide them away in your cabinets.
- Vintage pottery is everything. Get some.
- Make your own Basil herb pillow, I’ll show you how here!
- Remember that you are awesome!
Connect more here: