The recap of my trip to Round Top is always one of my favorites. I love to relive the sights and sounds of some of my FAVORITE days strolling the fields of Texas. My adventure is never short on interesting finds and fun times, I adore this place so much. My recap list this time is a little all over the map consisting of some trends, some changes and some stuff I just like. I hope you enjoy!
- Clothing – For years, I’ve said I was going to make a trip to Round Top just to shop for clothes.
My ability to multi-task has diminished over the years and my brain and my pocketbook have a hard time scoping out junkin’ finds and fashionable wears all at the same time. The availability of clothes has really grown over the years, there are some super cute and affordable clothing items to be had at Round Top, so really there is something for everyone here!
- Metal Boxes – Different types of storage are always popular and in the past I saw tons of wooden crates. This visit to Round Top/Warrenton I spied lots of metal boxes. Some boxes were large, some cabinets, some tiny and of course card catalogs. They are usually neutral in color and have a great patina. Be sure to have your eyes peeled for this fun decorating accessory.
- Night Time Events – Not to many years ago my girlfriend and I spent the night in Round Top, usually we just day trip. We were SHOCKED…at 5:00 the booths shut down and it became a ghost town. We were anticipating the fun to run into the night, but it didn’t. Well, now it does. More and more dinners, parties, live music and get togethers are popping up during Antiques Week. The Junk Gypsies have been hosting the Junk-O-Rama Prom for years now, but nightlife has expanded. Is Round Top starting to sound fun to you? Guess what!? I am hosting a guided tour for a small group of women that want the full blown experience, but need help exploring for the first time! You can get all the details here.
This fall I attended The Gathering, it was a lovely evening full of praise, worship and testimony. God was so sweet to hold back the rain as we ate under the stars and ancient trees listening to others share their story of His divine breath flushing life into dry bones.
- Ideas I want to steal – This is just some eye candy of little projects and ideas I love. Like this cute sandwich board idea…Or how cute are these little succulent planters…and this frame display..
- Grand Entrances – We always hear about first impressions and these Round Top booths don’t disappoint! Don’t these grand entrances beckon you to come in and take a peek. They really make me want to up the ante on my porch game.
- Natural Beauty – The heavy rains and flooding have been devastating to so many parts of Texas. Everywhere I looked in Round Top I saw such life and beauty. It’s hard to remember that the roughest of storms often have redeeming value in the aftermath. The lush greenery and abundance of growth showcasing itself all over town were a reminder to me of God’s grace after the storm.
- Gourds over Pumpkins – A simple yet subtle change I noticed. Maybe it’s because the pumpkins are a bit late this year, but whatever the cause I saw a shift in decorating more with gourds than pumpkins for fall. I like this little trend, gourds are so bold and unique!
- Bicycles – One of y’all’s favorite pictures from my spring trip to Round Top should have served as a heads up to the trend I saw this fall…bicycles everywhere for sale. (here is the pic everyone loved…)Decorating with an old bike is one of the latest decorating trends to roll into town, there were many choices to be had this show! They are so cute painted, hung up or adorning a handlebar basket filled with flowers! (maybe this will help you with the whole grand entrance aspect!)
- Hardware – It was like all the furniture was dressed up for the ball with their gorgeous jewels on display. I saw to die for hardware all over the place. From fancy knobs and pulls to show stopping hinges, hardware was stealing the show!
- Beer Garden Tables – Maybe I’m partial because my girlfriend and I both bought a set of these amazing beer garden tables from overseas, but I saw them sprinkled throughout town. I saw them for sale in other booths (at over 2.5X the price I paid!) and I saw them set up in sitting areas at local shops. Their sleek nature postures you close to your neighbor so you can’t help but have lively conversation while bellied up to one of these cute tables!
- Brown Bottles – Already a favorite of mine, I saw the clear and green glass trends shift to brown. The angels sang Hallelujah! I love some brown. I know it’s not the most popular of colors but it makes me warm and fuzzy inside. Am I alone in my love?
- Carts with Wheels – wheels, casters and things that go round. Lots of rolling carts, furniture with casters and wheels added to junk made ordinary pieces exceptional. You can easily copy this trend at home!
There you have it, a dozen things that stuck out to me this fall in Round Top! I’d love for you to share this list with an antique loving friend or pin it for later! Do you have more questions about Round Top? Interested in going? Join this list for details.
Connect more here: