This DIY patriotic pillow cover is the perfect way to show your love for the USA in a stylish way. Plus it’s a super easy decorative pillow to have in your stash!I can remember standing under the big lights of my hometown football field on a Friday night. The band playing. The crowds cheering and in unison we would sing the National Anthem. Even at 16 I felt privilege flow through me on those nights. Aren’t we the luckiest to live in a country where we are free to play football and grow our own watermelon and sing summer hits loud to the radio and love Jesus out loud?
Yes. Our freedom is a privilege and I,m so thankful for it.
I love to celebrate the summer, that sweet time book ended with holidays thanking those who fight and fireworks for the freedom smack in the middle. It’s always a time that sweeps me back to my youth.
Heavy with smiles, naps, water parks and good food the summer has my heart. This little pillow is just icing on my lemon cake.
Decorative Patriotic Pillow Cover Directions:
- To make this DIY patriotic pillow use some scrap fabric from your closet…old jeans, neckties, scarves or bandannas.
- Cut a 12 X 12 square of base fabric. (I used an old sheet)
- Rip long stripes of your decorative fabric.
- Stamp or stencil the center of your 12 X 12 base with USA…or any other word or phrase you love. I used stamps and fabric paint from A Maker’s Studio.
- Lay out your fabric strips then pin in place or glue them down. I used fabric glue to hold mine in place.
- Sew on your strips by going up and down across the strips. This is not intended to look perfect so it’s a great project for a not so great sew-er like me! I love the loose feel of the design on this pillow.
- If you haven’t prepped your base pillow follow these directions, then move on to #8.
- Stick your Velcro pieces to the pillow base.
- Add fabric glue.
- Lay the patriotic pillow cover evenly on top and press Velcro onto cover. Allow to dry completely. This is perfect for a quick change.
- Sing the Star Spangled Banner and say a prayer of thanks!
Connect more here: