This St. Patrick’s Day Table Runner is extra easy to DIY AND the great news is you can make it fit any size table you have! I love that about making things myself, don’t you?
Y’all are gonna love how simple it is to make an easy decorative table runner and make it to fit YOUR size table, bar, buffet or wherever you decide to put this cutie. I highly suggest you grab some dropcloth quick because you’re gonna want to paint the town green with this idea.
Do you even decorate for St. Patrick’s Day? I don’t much, but do think it’s fun to add a punch of green decor, complete with 4 leaf clovers. Of course my kids are all about trying to sneak in a pinch on the big day, but until then I’ve got the house covered! Here is how to make a splendid St Paddy’s Day craft.
How to Make A DIY St. Patrick’s Day Table Runner
- The video in this post has more directions, just an FYI.
- Cut some drop cloth to fit the table or area you want to decorate.
- Use a felt piece from the Dollar Store (or free hand) and trace shamrocks on the edge of your drop cloth using a green Sharpie marker.
- Dilute some acrylic craft paint with water and use a stiff bristle brush to “watercolor” your shamrocks. Be sure to get the Sharpie lines wet so they bleed a little and soften. Don’t cover the entire area with paint, leave some drop cloth showing for texture and dimension. This is a very non-perfect kind of painting so just have fun with it!
- Let the paint dry and go over some of the areas with more paint if you want to add depth or just leave it as is. So simple!!!
- If you want to know how to make the felt Shamrocks check out the tutorial here. You might also like this St. Patrick’s Day Craft or this dollar store wreath makeover for St. Patrick’s Day!
I used this little shamrock table runner in our breakfast nook and decorated with some green vintage bottles and another St, Patrick’s Day craft I made. I love to mix the old and new. Plus if you’ve been here a minute you know I am a fan of paper plates and napkins for the holidays. They are just more fun that the real thing and cheaper!
Take this watercolor idea and run with it because it is great for all kind of DIY decor. Now go paint something fun! 😉
Sharing is caring…please pin for later!
Connect more here:
Connect more here: