If there’s anything that makes me think of Summer… it’s popsicles!! They’re refreshing, they’re easy, and they’re sticky fun!! But I’m not going to tell you how to make the kind of yummy popsicles you can feed your kids today, I’m going to show you how to make beautiful popsicles that’ll never melt!!
what you’ll need
- free popsicle print out
- paint (I used dark brown, light brown, pink, and off-white, but you can use whatever colors you like)
- round sponge brush and regular sponge brush
- jute twine
- hot glue
how to make popsicles that’ll never melt
- Download and print my free popsicle print out! Cut out each popsicle style you’d like to use and then trace them on cardboard! It’s totally up to you on how many you trace, but of course the more you trace and cut out, the longer your garland is going to be.
- Once you’ve traced all you need, cut them all out!
- This is the fun part (and totally something you could bring the kids in on)! Paint and decorate your popsicles however you’d like! I made sure to give it some variety so it’s not the same thing over and over again, but that’s totally up to you!! The printout I’ve provided has some designs you can follow if you want!
- After I completed my designs, I went over mine with some gray paint on a sponge brush just to give it a more vintage, lived-in feel!
- Lastly, apply hot glue to the back of your popsicles and attach jute string. I left about an inch in between each popsicle, but that’s 100% your call! The only thing you need to make sure of is that the string is at about the same point on the back of each popsicle, or else your garland will be wonky!
And that’s really it!! Can you believe how easy this was!?
It’s the perfect craft to do with kids this summer, or to bring out the kid in you!!
And now you have beautiful popsicles that’ll NEVER melt!!
If you want to see more cardboard crafts like this one, click HERE!
Connect more here: