We all have plastic jugs we can use to repurpose for storage. If you have a cat those kitty litter jugs are perfect, so are laundry detergent bottle and milk jugs. Let’s make them into quick, easy and stylish storage solutions!
I’m always looking for cute storage for my craft room because girl…I’ve got a lot of stuff. I’ve found that kitty litter jugs are very durable and easy to transform into cute storage for all my stuff. I mean – at least they are good for something right? Here is the latest kitty litter jug repurpose I did!
You might have seen how I repurposed a kitty litter jug before here, this idea is similar, but with different materials! Here is what you will need to gather so you can make this in 30 minutes or less!
Jug RE-PURPOSE Supplies
- Large Plastic Jug – kitty litter, milk, detergent, etc.
- Mod Podge
- Twine/Jute String
- Paper napkins or tissue paper
How to Turn a Plastic Jug into Storage
- Cut your jug to the depth you want for your storage solution. You can make these jug organizers as deep or shallow as you need.
- Poke two holes near the top on each side of the plastic jug. You can use a hole punch, ice pic, scissors or even a drill to make the hole.
- If you use a decorative napkin, separate the three plys of paper. They stick together well and sometimes there are only two, but make sure you get down to the single layer. **Super important**
- Work in small sections and cover each area with Mod Podge using a foam brush.
- Rip the napkin into good size pieces and lay them on the Mod Podge covered area. Be sure to wrap the napkin over the top and into the inside as well so it looks good around the top edge. Mix up the layers and pattern for a fun look.
- Repeat this all the way around the jug and let the paper dry.
- Cover the whole container with Mod Podge to seal the napkins and secure any loose pieces. Allow to dry.
- Gently poke the napkin out of the pre-punched holes and make handles using your twine or jute string. You can braid the twine or use a heavy rope depending on your desired look.
- Fill with crafting supplies, office supplies, toys, bathroom accessories, whatever!
What kind of things do you need some custom storage for? Let me know so I can be thinking of fun ideas to share. Would you do me a favor and pin this so others can find it too!? Thanks, you are the best!
Connect more here:
Connect more here: