Make Adorable Decor with Plastic Grocery Bag Flowers, try this craft today!
You guys know I love a simple craft, especially one that is easy on the budget. This one is no different and besides possibly getting a hot glue gun burn or two it is painless to make!
I wanted some cheery yellow flowers for our breakfast table and decided to make some instead of buying faux ones or real ones that would die off quickly. You could make a floral branch-like mine in any color you want, I think white would be stunning. This is where we eat most of the time now and it’s important to me that it be a cheery spot.
Try using these plastic grocery bag flowers on your table, mantel, or maybe even on a wreath. The possibilities really are endless. Here is how to craft with a plastic bag:
DIY Plastic Bag Flowers Tutorial
- Collect plastic grocery bags in the color you desire.
- Lay them flat and smooth them out as much as possible.
- Stack them.
- Investigate the flower you are trying to mimic and see what shape the petals are and how they bloom from the branch if you are replicating a real life flower. I used Forsythia as my model for this plastic floawer. If you are just making a decorative flower, decide on a shape and stick to it.
- Cut your petals out of the stack of plastic bags. Go ahead and cut a bunch of them at once, it takes a bit to cover multiple branches.
- Cut some dead branches from your yard.
- Pinch the plastic flower so the center is sticking out.
- Use a hot glue gun attach the flower petals to the branch. I use finger guards as protection! Bunch the flowers together in groups of thre to five and glue them up and down the branch if you are making Forsythia like mine.
- Display these bursts of spring florals in a pretty vase or canning jar for flowers that last and last.
I hope you liked this fun idea, you definitely need to check out the plastic bag garland I made as well. This simple little craft supply hold a lot of potential. I can’t wait to see what you make with yours!
Connect more here: