Pies and garlands are both on my list of favorite things…. so this DIY pie garland from cardboard and paper has my heart. And once I show you how easy and precious it is, I think you’ll feel the same!
what you need
- brown paper/cardstock
- chip brush
- hot glue gun
how to make the diy pie garland
- Cut out cardboard into (isosceles) triangle pieces- like pie! You can make these as big or small as you want!
- After cutting them out, completely cover and paint them using the harvest orange color mixed with barn red. This will give them that pumpkin pie coloring!!
- Go in with burnt umber and rough them up a bit. You can even add some “speckles” by flicking your paint brush onto the cardboard.
- After all your painting is done, cut your brown paper into thin strips- I did maybe a centimeter or so!
- Using hot glue, attach your brown paper strips in a lattice formation! This is important so that it looks like real pie!! Make sure each piece is secured using the hot glue! TIP: You can lay out all of your pieces first if you’d like just to make sure it’s right!
- Fold another piece of the thin brown paper strip like an accordian. Hot glue that to the top of your triangle to make it look like the crust!! I only did dots of hot glue along the top so the paper could fold around the edge a bit, not be straight across!
- Lastly, attach your pie pieces onto some jute twine with hot glue! You can make 3 like I did or fill it up!!!
There you have it- a DIY pie garland made from paper and cardboard!! That’s a budget-friendly fall decor idea if I’ve ever seen one!!
Connect more here: