Learn how to make DIY Easter Bunny tracks for outside that wash off easily! This marvelous DIY is sponsored by Testors, all ideas and opinions are 100% yours truly.
Decorating for Easter is so much fun and leaving behind some shimmery proof that the Easter Bunny hopped on by is THE BEST! Your kids, grandkids or neighbors will love this whimsical addition to your Easter decor. I’m gonna show you how to add some quick and easy Easter bunny tracks to your yard or patio.
Honestly, is there anything better than waking up to find a yard sprinkled full of candy stuffed Easter Eggs? Sometimes I wish I was a kid again so I could wake up to the excitement of the scavenger hunt the Easter Bunny so joyful leaves behind. I know as a kid I would’ve been BLOWN AWAY if I’d just of had some additional proof that Peter Rabbit was live on the premises!
Side story – when I was little I remember the Easter Bunny coming by my Grandmother’s yard to surprise all my cousins and I. He hopped from afar and handed out treats then hopped away. It was really exciting. Until later that afternoon I saw the rabbit costume in the back seat of my uncle’s car! Surprise ruined, lol! BUT I will never forget the sweet gesture.
Even if you don’t have little ones still in your home, these DIY Easter bunny tracks will make a cute addition to your holiday yard or porch and the good news is – they wash off easily. PLUS you can spray chalk in all kind of places regular old sticks of chalk wouldn’t work…like the snow! It’s like chalk has gone wild. Woohoo!
This projects begs to ask the serious question – how big do you envision the Easter Bunny being? Personally, I think he’s a big fella (probably because of the uncle bunny situation 😜🤣🐇) and I’m making tracks to resemble the vision in my mind. You can create the tracks to be any size you dream, big or small! Here is how I made my Easter bunny tracks come to life.
How to Create Easter Bunny Tracks
- Grab yourself a set of Testors Spray Chalk (click the following links to get the exact products I used!) – they have a Shimmer Spray Chalk Set version that is my personal favorite or a regular finish Spray Chalk Pastel Set. Here is a list of places (with links if you want to shop online) so you can grab this awesome spray! Menards | Home Depot | Target | Walmart | Michael’s | Fleet Farm | Ace Hardware | Amazon – Shimmer | Amazon – Pastel
- Create a stencil for yourself. This is where your vision comes into play – how big is your bunny? I used a piece of foam core board for a sturdy stencil, but a poster or cardboard box would work well too. An Exacto knife is a good friend on this project! TIP: You might want to allow some extra space between your cut out and the edge of the cut out part so overspray isn’t an issue.
- Shake your spray chalk well and decide on your Easter Bunny track pattern.
- Lay your stencil down and spray the chalk straight down on your stencil for crisp edges. You can spray on the concrete, grass, dirt, snow, asphalt, pavers, brick, vinyl siding, sand or rocks. The shimmer shows best on a hard surface. I layered the shimmer paint for a trail of shiny fun – don’t you think the Easter Bunny eats glitter and poops rainbows? Why wouldn’t his tracks be a rainbow of shimmery fun too? Honestly – the shimmer is fabulous!!!
- Extra tip – if the spray clogs, run it under warm water.
- Enjoy the fun!
- For clean up you can let nature to the work if you are expecting rain or run a water hose over your tracks. For porous surfaces you might need to brush a little to get the tracks completely removed. The color will naturally fade to white over a week or so, just an FYI.
For extra fun Easter morning or in your Easter decor have your bunny tracks chasing something or leaving something behind! You know he likes to chase giant carrots and scatter candy filled eggs as he goes. These Easter Bunny tracks have so much potential, so be a kid at heart and get creative with them! I had a blast creating this fun Easter scene for my kids and their neighborhood crew.
Pin for later!
Connect more here: