Did you know how fun and easy it is to make your very own DIY birthday girl buttons? I have a free birthday button download waiting for you to get started with this super simple birthday celebration addition!
I recently became obsessed with buttons when I went to visit my daughter at college. Buttons are all the rage (again) for college girls and I was SO EXCITED to see this fashion trend. The girls all dress up for game day and proudly sport buttons to support their team. It’s such a fun way to show school spirit and dress up an outfit for your favorite cause. I remember when I was young buttons were an exciting thing, they weren’t as easy to come by, but they sure were fun to collect and wear. They say things always come back around and this trend is a great one to hop on board with!
I started by looking for button makers online and decided on the VEVOR button maker. (I have a discount code for you to grab your own!) They had great reviews, an affordable price point and multiple size options. I couldn’t wait for this maker to hit my door step! I’ve had a blast designing buttons and making them for my kid’s sports. I can’t wait to create some for my daughter’s game day outfits, sorority swag and the boy’s schools and sports teams. There are a million buttons you can make to wear or give as gifts! I’m starting you out with a free download for the birthday girl in your life!
Here are some designs I made so far for my boys:
I’ll show you the steps to make these birthday girl buttons in a second, but while you are making them make extra! They are perfect to slip into a birthday card, give to a coworker at the office, for adults, children, birthday parties and celebratory girl’s night out! The VEVOR button maker is worth getting if you think of all the ways you can put it to use. Not to mention, when I was visiting my daughter, I bought her a few buttons while we were out shopping (which REALLY lead me to wanting my own button maker) and they were anywhere from $4-$8 each! That adds up quick if you start wearing or gifting pin buttons!
I know some people think birthdays get less and less fun to celebrate, but I say CELEBRATE! At this stage in the game, we should all be grateful to have another trip around the sun! Why not live like a kid again and celebrate yourself, enjoy letting people celebrate you or enjoy sending a smile to a birthday girl you love! PLUS – when you make your own buttons you can personalize them with names, monograms, and special info. Everyone loves to see their name on stuff!!! Here’s how to get started on those DIY birthday girl buttons:
How to make a birthday girl button
- Get the VEVOR Button Maker 3in/75mm Button Badge Maker with Button parts and Circle Maker HERE. Use code VEVORSALE5 for 5% off!!!
- Download the free birthday girl button sheet provided HERE. This download is for 3″ buttons. If you watch the short video in this post I show you all the steps, it’s quick and easy.
- Use the 3″ circle cutter that comes with your VEVOR Button Maker to cut out the designs you want to turn into buttons. (I always make them all!)
- Place the metal button in the left mold.
- Place the cut out design on top of the metal button. Make sure to place the design centered so it lines up correctly in the end!
- Place the clear plastic over the design. Make sure you only have one sheet down (they can stick together easily and if you have more than one it won’t work!)
- Push the lever down as far as it will go. The pieces will stay stuck up in the top layer of the mold.
- Slide the mold right and place the pin backing into the mold. You will place it pin side down and make sure it is lined up straight, as the design will go on it as you placed it in the first mold.
- Push the lever handle down firmly as far as you can. (note in the pictures the two sides look different when completely pressed down – because they have different functions in the process! ) This combines the front portion to the back pin portion. Viola – you have an adorable birthday girl pin ready to go!
- Repeat with all your designs and have fun celebrating those you love!
I’d love to see pictures of you celebrating, so send them my way or tag me!
What other button templates would you like to see? I am itching to make more!!! Save this post for when your button maker arrives!
Connect more here: