Are you a morning person? I kinda am. I don’t mind getting up most days, but I like to have plenty of time to wake up before I really get rolling into the day. I began to notice when I added a few things into my morning routine it helped me start the day off with a better attitude. They’re just little things, but I thought I’d share them with you in case you want to make your mornings a little more lovely!
Ideas to make your morning routine more lovely
- Make the ordinary prettier – Have you heard the saying you eat with your eyes first? That is why pretty food can often taste better or seem more appealing. Well, I think this theory goes with a lot of our home and life. If you can up the mundane, not so amazing parts of your morning it helps the early haze lift a little quicker. My girlfriend gave me three sweet little dishes and I decided to put them to daily use instead of hiding them in a drawer. Every morning I put out my pills and vitamins on this cute little dish. I do it for my kiddos too. It helps keep the pills out of counter-top puddles or rolling on the floor, but mainly, it just makes the whole idea of them better. Elevate the ordinary for a lovely little moment.
- Have a sweet spot just for you – I have a spot on the breakfast room couch carved out just for me. Next to my designated seat is a pile of potential reads. My Bible and books I am either working through or plan to. A pair of reading glasses call this spot home so I always have them handy and my nook is filled with pens, pencils, a heating pad and cozy blanket. I look forward to pouring into my tiny cave every morning. Stock your spot so you have a morning retreat in your routine. You can find a list of my favorite reads here.
- Forget the typical storage – This is a little bit of a play on my first idea, but it works! I keep my toothbrush in a vintage sugar bowl and it makes me smile every time I brush my teeth. It is so much lovelier than the usual store bought cup I’ve always used in the past. Same goes for my sugar dish. I use a pretty vintage one. The handle broke and I still use it because I love it. Consider upgrading the tiny touch points in your morning routine to something that brings you joy!
- Dress the part – I have a favorite robe and slipper that I snuggle up in every single day. They welcome me each morning like an old friend. If you don’t have good, cozy morning attire, grab some stat! It’s worth splurging a little because you will use it EVERY DAY!
- The good soap – Raise your hand if you have gorgeous bars of soap and wonderful bath balms tucked away under your sink or in the closet? Use the good stuff. Don’t save it…it is such a small luxury and you will love showering with your favorite Lavender soap and washing your hands with the smell good stuff!
It’s the little things that make a difference and I hope this list helps you think of a few ideas that will take your morning routine up a notch! Here’s to a cozy morning!
Connect more here: