I have a super easy 5-minute Christmas decor idea for you… and it’s made from CARDBOARD! So super easy, super quick, and super budget-friendly (maybe even free). Does it get any better???
Let me show you how…
what you need
- chip brush
- hot glue
how to make 5-minute christmas decor
- Rip your box apart into different size rectangles. You can use the natural folds in the box to do this or create your own. I ripped instead of cutting for 2 reasons. 1- a box is hard to cut and 2- I wanted it to not look perfect and clean. I used 5 different rectangles for mine- 4 for the body and 1 for the hat.
- After ripping out your pieces, rip up the edges to expose corrugation a bit more. You can use water to help with this if you’re having trouble- just get the cardboard wet and it should rip right up.
- Paint each piece of the body white, but don’t worry about making it look perfect- messy is good! Paint the piece you plan to use for the hat black. At this point, you can also take a strip of your scrap cardboard and paint it black too- this is a part of the hat.
- Hot glue your white pieces of cardboard from biggest at the bottom to smallest at the top, just like a snowman. I just overlapped the pieces ever so slightly. Now, hot glue your black rectangle piece at the very top- this is the hat. Attach the black strip of cardboard right below the hat to complete the look!
- Cut out a long triangle shape (snowman’s nose) from your scrap cardboard and paint it orange. If you rip off the straight end a bit, it makes it appear more blended with the rest of the snowman, like it’s stuck in actual snow! Hot glue the snowman nose on, easy peasy!
- Lastly, I used some white paint to rough up the top hat and nose, and make it look more “lived in.”
This was such a quick and easy craft! And if you keep some basic crafting supplies around, it shouldn’t cost you a thing!!
I hope you loved this 5-minute Christmas decor idea just as much as I did. Let me know in the comments and make sure to share with a friend!
Connect more here: