She is cute, organized, fun, funny, creative and would drop anything for a friend. I mean it – this lady is loyal and true. She loves the Lord, loves his word and loves to share it with others. The first time I met Katie many years ago was at bible study. I knew I wanted to be her friend. Little did I know how much we would have in common. We often joke we are the same people because we process things the same way, our life histories are similar and we just get each other. She is always there for me in those moments when the wheels fall off and I need a friend. People are drawn to her because she doesn’t sugar coat who she is, the imperfections in her life, kids, marriage or herself. Authentic is one of the best ways to describe her. I can’t wait for you to meet her!
Some points to ponder from our discussion…
1. Over and over again I hear people talk about their gift and say, “I have to do it.”, “It comes naturally to me”. Our gifts help others, but in return it feeds you in a way nothing else can. That is a blessing from the Lord. He gives to us so we can give to him and others and in return we are blessed. amazing. I hope this one point gives you a place to start seeking what you have to offer.
2. Once you are aware of the calling in your life it is about obedience. To feel that tug on your heart or know you are supposed to go in a certain direction…and not act upon it is being disobedient. Now, being disobedient doesn’t necessarily mean you will be punished like a child might, but it certainly means you will miss out on opportunity to grow in your walk with Christ and potential blessings.
3. God doesn’t call the equipped he equips the called. Sometimes you just have to jump and put yourself out there with faith he will equip you…because if he called you to it he will walk you through it.
4. When our heart is in the right place about serving with our gifts it is not about us it’s about Christ. We are merely his messenger. Soak that up and let it take some of the pressure off to be perfect. We never will be perfect, aren’t expected to be and if we are working out of obedience it won’t matter. Katie’s oh so important point to remember is that if what we do changes ONE person’s life for Christ it is all worth it. ONE PERSON.
5. The final and most important point is that it’s all about relationship. God gives us each other to do life with, to lean on, to learn from, to consult with when we are in need, troubled or confused. Get yourself out there if you are not in a place to nurture and develop good Christian relationships. We are not meant to be an island. Above all else it is about relationship with Christ. An intimate growing walk with the Lord. You can read all the books you want, sit in church on Sunday, volunteer till the cows come home, but a real personal relationship with Jesus is what will change your life forever. It is above all else all that matters.
Katie makes the cutest prayer journals and has them for sale in her etsy shop. You can find them here.
Below are a few fun pictures. She explains how to use the prayer journals at the end of our talk. This journal and prayer system is an amazing way to spend daily time with the Lord and see him, seek him and praise him in the details of your daily life. If you are looking to seek God in a more intentional way I would recommend one of Katie’s prayer journals.
She also sells the best day planners, bible tabs and other fun stuff. Check here out. If you want to see some more of Katie’s house, look at the home makeover we did for her here.
We talk often about CBS in this interview and a few others. CBS stands for Community Bible Study. It is a non-denominational bible study available to all. If you are looking for a place to plug in go to their website and see if a class meets near you. I can’t say enough about what a blessing this program has been in my life. I am happy to answer any questions you may have about CBS, just let me know!
Connect more here:
Connect more here: