Have you used a utensil holder to help set your table? They are so cute and have a ton of DIY decorating potential. This quick and easy idea is perfect for any holiday table setting, or just for every day!
I sell these adorable burlap utensil holders in my shop and have been dying to give them a mini makeover! For this easy table setting for the directions here. This post contains affiliate links, if you make a purchase I might receive a commission, your price stays the same.
DIY Decorative Burlap Utensil Holders
- Get your Burlap utensil holder here!
- Paint numbers, words or pictures on the pocket of the utensil pouch. I used these amazing stencils.
- Gathered ribbon in various tones, textures and widths to add interest to your table and match your holiday or theme. I chose black, white and gold.
- Cut three pieces of ribbon for each place you will be setting. Cut each ribbon 11-12 inches long.
- Cut three small slits in the top edge of the utensil holder, not too close to the edge though!
- Fold the ribbon in half and thread through the back of the holder, wrapping it around the top and back through itself.
- Set your table! I layered a bunch of stuff – if you have it why not use it! I started with the chalkboard place mats I made, added a natural grasscloth rounds, white dollar store chargers and our everyday Mikasa plates.
I love these utensil holders for a number of reasons…they are SO versatile (change the ribbon for different holidays or color schemes), easy to decorate, the kids will think they are fun to fill when setting the table and they are inexpensive for large gatherings! You can collect ribbon from your favorite craft or dollar store or use up all the odd and end pieces of ribbon you have in your craft closet. Be sure to let me see what creative ideas you come up with and I’d love it if you shared this idea!!!
Connect more here: