Friend. I can’t even wait to tell you about my new cozy living room couch. I had SO MUCH fun selecting a new couch for our living room, it was ridiculous. We were WAY OVERDUE on a new couch, just wait till you see the hot mess we moved outta there. I want to thank Rooms To Go for partnering with me on this couch selection. They are celebrating their 30th Anniversary with a HUGE sale you won’t want to miss.
First, let’s talk about how bad our couch situation was. The leather was stained and spotted. The cat used the back of the couch as a scratching post. The dog ate part of the front of it. The cushions were sliding off the couch daily like hot melty cheese on a New York slice of pizza. No joke. It was TIME! You have to promise not to judge me on the state of this sofa.
When Rooms To GO wanted to partner on selecting a cozy new living room couch I jumped on the chance! I’m taking you along for the selection ride and giving you some tips on how to make the best choice for your couch update. Just in case your sofa looks like a pack of Wolverines moved in.
While I was at it I snagged a new rug too. For many of the aforementioned reasons. We live life on our furniture and rugs and this rug had lived life to the fullest. It was time for it to move on as well.
Rooms To Go has a TON of couch options. They are honestly nailing it on trends and the choice was almost too easy, which can actually be a problem! You have to be able to narrow it down when you have multiple great options. Here are some things to consider when selecting your new couch at Rooms To Go. I’ll show you the selections I narrowed down to below so you can take advantage of the 30th Anniversary Sale happening right now.
Tips for Selecting a New Couch
- Measure Everything – I suggest taking good measurements of the area you will be filling in your living room. For me I was wanting some change so I rearranged my current furniture so I could decide on the new layout and then select a couch to fit. (Here is a before pic of the living room, the couch doesn’t look bad from far away, lol – it’s the up close that is rough!) You will want to measure ALL the possibilities, maximum/minimum length, depth, height. You will want to decide if you are looking for a sectional sofa or a traditional couch. Are you getting a recliner that needs room to expand? The number one couch buying mistake I see is getting furniture that is too big for your space. I know you want to have room to seat everyone, but be careful to keep the scale appropriate.
- Cast a Vision – Take a look online, peruse your favorite influencers, search Pinterest and scour magazines to get a good idea of the feel you want for your room. A couch is such a FUN update and can completely change a space so decide what look and feel you are going for, paying special attention to couch styles, colors and sizing in photos of rooms you what to mimic. This way, you have a vision and don’t end up picking a couch that doesn’t fit your design aesthetic goal. The most amazing thing about Rooms To Go is they do A LOT of the design aesthetic for you by the way they group furniture in “rooms to go”. They cast amazing vision!
- Shop Online First – If you struggle with having too many choice, shopping online might just help! The cool thing about Rooms To Go online is that you will be able to see the availability of each item. Depending on your time needs this might help narrow down your choices. You can also do quick comparisons, narrow your search by cost, color, material and style. Becoming familiar with your options and funneling them down BEFORE you enter a store can be extremely helpful. Especially if you are a squirrel like me that can get sidetracked by shiny things.
- Test Drive It – Possibly the best part is stepping foot into Rooms To Go. Armed with a vision, a few selections on your must see wish list and all the measurements and information you need to make an informed decision you are set free to test drive all the furniture! I love this part!!! Sit on the couches, lay on them, touch the material, feel the pillows, imagine your Sunday afternoon nap and Friday movie night. Seeing all the beautiful choices can make you want all the couches, but your pre-in store homework will have you able to wade through the choices with ease! Plus the floor attendants there are SUPER helpful.
- Make a Decision and Run With It – I had to have this talk with myself in store. I had multiple couches I really liked and all would fit my price range, size and color requirements. Ultimately I had to go with my gut and choose one. The key to remember is once I left the store, I can’t even remember what the other choices looked like. AND no one else will know that I could have had the Stonehill Sofa instead of the Highlands Lakes one. (Except you now 🙂 ) Make your choice, own it and don’t look back!
My Favorite Top Cozy Living Room Couch Choices
They have fabulous rug choices at Rooms To Go as well, I found them to be very affordable. I chose the Brandle Rug and I adore it. It looks soooo good if I may say so myself. 🙂
I feel like a breath of fresh air just waltzed right up into my cozy living room. Really the amazing delivery guys just spun up in here and placed my cozy new couch in it’s happy little spot. WOO HOO! The delivery was a breeze, they showed up on time and did all the hard part.
I can’t wait to have our movie night snuggle fests or sit and sip a favorite drink while flipping through a magazine. The selections, the pricing and the entire process was easy and fun. Best of all – the results. Happy couch hunting my friend. Can’t wait to hear about what you find at Rooms To Go!
Connect more here: