I have found a match made in Heaven. Two of my favorite things, married for perfection. They are a good, inexpensive Walmart find and my handy dandy Heat Tool. Put them together and you have a slew of items to personalize from Walmart in a wide variety of ways. Let me show you!
On a recent evening when I desperately needed a mom break (please don’t judge!) I set out ALONE to the open arms of the aisles at Walmart where I was welcomed by a million potential project ideas involving my friend the heat tool. I walked around in the late night, alone, snapping pictures up and down the Walmart aisles because that’s what I do.
Take picture on my phone of things I want to use, make or do so that I don’t forget.
Because my memory is horrific.
Today I am sharing my ideas and you will have to endure the splendor of my camera phone! Here is what I saw and what I think we should all hurry up and make!
First, let me tell you where to get the heat tool and stamp letters I’m referring to throughout this post! For a tutorial on how to use the tool, read this.
Tools you need for hot stamping:
I’ve linked all the items in this post in case you want to shop in your jammies like I prefer to do when I’m not feeling like a walk about! Or you can go to the store in your jammies, no judgement here.
Alphabet Letter Stamps – this is the upper case alphabet but they also have a lower case set, mini letter set and symbol & number set
Leather or heat protective gloves
Now on to the fun things you can do with what has become my favorite crafting tool…(by the way, I did a Facebook video on one of these stamp projects if you want to see it live in action, you can watch it here!)
Tons of Ideas and Items to Personalize from Walmart
- Monogrammed Back Scratcher: I made a ton of these for Christmas gifts and stocking stuffers. Write out all your monograms first so you can be sure to keep them all straight. Washi tape is a great help for this project!
- Wooden Stool: Spell out names, fun words or scripture verses on the seat of a wooden stool. I’ve made over a few of these stools from Walmart and they turn out great! (Here is another personalization option for this stool!)
- Leather Baseball Glove: Great for a kid, young or old! Burn initials or a name into a great leather ball glove for your favorite sports lover!
- Wooden Picture Frames: Update a simple picture from with a favorite saying or special name. My mom’s grandmother name is Deedles and you NEVER see that on anything so as a special gift, we made her very own personalized picture frame. A great gift idea for those unusual grandparent names or hard to find names.
- TV Tray: My family grew up around a TV tray! You don’t see them as much any more, but this would be the perfect thing to add a personal touch to and make this useful item stylish too. Funny sayings or mealtime phrases would be perfect for the corner of a TV tray top.
- Dog Collar/leash: I had luck burning my dog’s name into her leash. This may not work on all collar material and you have to be careful, but it did melt a permanent name in her leash! This would be a great way to add a phone number or name to a pet’s collar for safety and style.If your hot stamp letters get mucky try cleaning them with this stuff! It works great on a regular iron, but works like a charm if you rub these little letters with it while they are hot!
- Camping Tools: This is a great gift idea for dad or the man in your life. Mark up his outdoor gear so there is no mix up at the camp site!
- Wooden Cabinet Knobs: These plain wood cabinet knobs are a blank canvas. Add numbers…1,2,3. Or letters…A,B,C. Then stain the wood for a cute way to jazz up furniture or cabinets.
- Bulletin Boards: You can heat stamp cork and it is adorable, make a menu board, calendar or just an inspirational note on a bulletin board!
- BBQ Tools: Add in a monogrammed BBQ tool for a gift basket full of BBQ delights.
- Cutting Board: There are a variety of sizes and styles of cutting boards available at Walmart and you can personalize them or add them to a gift basket. See how a simple addition of wood burned letters makes a huge difference!?
- Wooden Trays: Perfect for holiday decor or entertaining. Take a plain wood tray and stamp holiday sayings or your favorite cheese names for a cute serving tray. Add a newlywed’s name for a personalized wedding gift. You could stamp on the inside or the outside of these flat trays from Walmart.
- Cork Drink Coasters: Everyone uses drink coasters and this inexpensive find can be transformed with a heat tool! Make them funny, make them sweet, for holidays, special occasions or everyday use. This is a great way to get started and practice heat stamping on cork!
- Wooden Crates: A personal favorite for storage these are great lined up in a row. Stamp them with the kids names or organizational verbiage to keep a mud room straight and a closet in order. Stamp then lightly paint or stain these wood crates.
- Photo Album: You can burn leather, but be sure it is a real leather album and possibly tests a spot first if you are able. You can burn paper too, just practice first. All surfaces require different heat levels, pressure and time of contact for the perfect burn.
- Wooden Peg Rack: Need a spot to hang coats or baseball hats? Label with names, weekdays or simple numbers to dress up this basic peg rack. This would be cute with a colored wood stain finish.
- Wooden Spice Jar Holder: This tray with matching jars is perfect to hold craft supplies, bathroom goodies or spices in the kitchen. Label it accordingly with your wood burning hot tool!
- Kitchen Utensils: We go through some wooden spoons and spatulas, but I still love to monogram them or just add our last name. They make fabulous stocking stuffers and gift additions. Monogram one and tie it in the bow on a new kitchen gift for your favorite chef.
- Don’t forget the craft aisle: There are tons of things you can personalize all around Walmart, but there are a ton in one spot on the craft aisles! You can make signs, jewelry, organizational items and more as you look at the endless possibilities that wait here! Tell me what else you’d burn something personal into with your heat tool! Don’t forget to share this awesome list or save it for later before you go.
Connect more here: