Picking out interior paint colors for your home is no joke. It can be a stressful decision, but it doesn’t have to be. Often seeing the colors in someone else’s house first can really help you make paint color selections with confidence. I get asked a lot about the paint colors in my home so today I am sharing my whole house paint colors. I hope they inspire you to try something new! Paint is so much fun and one of the least expensive, yet impact-full decorating upgrades you can make. I have added links to the rooms below for additional tips or information on each room if you want to dig a little deeper! Also – be sure to pin this for later so you have it when you are ready to paint!
- Accessible Beige – Main wall color – We bought an almost complete builder grade home when we moved and the base color of our house was already in the works. Luckily it is a nice color that goes well with the color palette I lean toward. If you see a neutral wall color in my home it is likely this color! Accessible Beige is a Sherwin Williams color and I usually select a flat finish for all interior wall paint.
- Dover White – Trim color and Dining Room – all the trim in our home is painted in Dover White, it is a nice Sherwin Williams color that is not too stark, not too blue and tends to blend with other colors well. For trim I suggest Semi-gloss, walls I use flat.
- Urban Garden – The Study/Green Room – I went bold in the study and painted everything – walls, ceiling and trim in a flat finish. I also painted this antique bookcase to match. I adore this room. It is cozy and worn, easy to be in. Urban Garden is a Sherwin Williams color. I used the HGTV Home by Sherwin Williams at Lowe’s paint, flat for the walls, satin for the furniture. It is my current favorite!!!
- Olympic Gold– Dining Room Ceiling – This was a bold move, but I think it paid off. This super rich metallic gold ceiling adds a warmth and richness to our dining room. Don’t forget the 5th wall (aka the ceiling) it is a wonderful place to make a big statement. This luscious color is Modern Masters Metallic Paint Collection in Olympic Gold.
- Tynewood – Breakfast Nook, Master Bath and Upstairs Balcony – This smokey brown has underscores of grey and a slight purple at times. It changes color throughout the day and each shade it exposes is dreamy to me. I really love this color. Again it is a Sherwin Williams color and I used the HGTV Home paint line in a flat finish interior latex.
- Mindful Grey – My Daughter’s Room – This color has followed us from our last house. It is a sweet subtle grey that is warm without being overpowering. A great neutral. It’s another Sherwin Williams color!
- Smoky Pitch – My Son’s Room – The name is right, this is a romantic, smoky color that was a perfect choice for a growing boys room. It can be playful or elegant and adapt to a variety of styles. I also painted a thrifted dresser in his room the same color for a seamless feel. This color is from Valspar at Lowe’s, but I had it mixed into the HGTV Home line of paint, I used flat for the wall and satin for the furniture.
- Bullfrog – The Gameroom – I rarely show this room because it is under the control of two very messy boys, but the walls are cute! I went with Bullfrog, a very army green shade of a color and it suits this boys cabin feeling room just fine. Bullfrog is a Valspar color from Lowe’s.
- If you want to see the whole house paint colors from our last home you can check them out here!
Favorite Interior Painting Tools:
Additional Interior Painting Resources:
Connect more here: