I am a sucker for anything personalized! Wait until I show you how to make personalized wood napkin rings! I think these little guys are brilliant because they make each guest at your table feel special and thought of. Wouldn’t you love to sit at a spot with YOUR name on it?
I think it all started for me when I was little and would get pencils and things with my name on them. It felt so special to me and that feeling has never gone away as I’ve gotten older. I just moved from my name to my monogram – it feels more grown up. 😁
I’ll show you the step by step how to on making these napkin rings, but first a few options for you! Once you make these, they are the perfect addition to your Christmas – or any holiday table. You can even garnish them with short words as a nod to the holiday. I stained my pieces, but you could paint them or stain them a different color. If you don’t want to personalize them they look modern and sleek with no lettering added. You could even stamp or stencil a fun pattern on them for a more universal look. Honestly, once you make the napkin rings, the possibilities are endless! And they hold so much potential…
The other day a reader said they hoped they would enjoy the eternal gift of Heaven in response to a verse I posted on Facebook. Friend – Heaven is the ultimate holiday table waiting for us all. I feared this sweet soul might not know and cling to the truth of Christmas this holiday season. It bothered me to feel the wavering uncertainty in her words, as if I could hear her asking a question not just giving a simple response. The hope of Heaven is available for anyone and everyone. THAT is what Christmas is all about. It’s why we celebrate the birth of a precious baby. Because He came to tell you YOUR name is written in Heaven. YOUR name is is on His list (and I’m not talking about Santa).
And not for any other reason than His love for YOU.
All you have to do is give Christ your heart, choose Him as your savior and more than a monogrammed napkin ring awaits you in glory. The book of Luke tells us these truths!!! That is certainly something to feel special about.
However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven. Luke 10:20
The book of Luke goes on to answer to the curious question of how do I get this eternal life, my seat at the heavenly table? The answer:
He answered, “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. Luke 10:27
So simple and yet so profound. For everyone, no wondering or wavering. No questioning if Heaven is waiting. It’s yours for the taking.
It doesn’t matter where you’ve been, what you’ve done, those things you said. God adores you. He wants to spend forever with you and all you have to do is say yes to the open invitation. I hope you will.
If you already have accepted Christ as your savior remember that YOUR table is fertile ground for the lost (see my entire Christmas table here for easy budget ideas!). You have the opportunity to love them, make them fell special and be a shining light of Christ to them. So don’t close off your table this holiday or any other. Love big with hospitality and you never know, you might just lead someone to the eternal table in the Kingdom of Christ! These napkin rings sure will be a cute way to get started…
How to Make Wood Napkin Rings
- See supply list below
- Cut your wood into 2.75″ lengths
- Clamp your wood pieces and use a 1 1/4″ paddle bit to drill a hole in the bottom portion of your wood piece (about 1/3″ from the bottom).
- Once I drilled a hole in one I used it as a guide to center the hole for my next piece, so the napkin holes would all be in the same spot on each holder.
- Sand the edges.
- Heat stamp your monogram or word choice on the top portion of the napkin holder. For more directions on heat stamping read this post.
- Stain the wood. Make sure you stamp and then stain – in that order! Otherwise the heat stamp doesn’t work as well and gets gunky from the stain.
- Add a cute napkin and you’re all set! See supplies below. (Pin this idea for later—>)
DIY Napkin Ring Supplies
- Piece of .5″ X 3″ wood (it will actually measure .5″ X about 2.5″ – that’s just how wood is!)
- Chop Saw
- Sand Paper or Orbital Sander (my favorite)
- Drill (this is the one I have and love)
- 1 1/4″ Paddle Bit
- Heat Stamp Kit with letters
- Wood Stain
- Cute Napkins
Connect more here: