I’m sharing these fun DIY leather tags with an old belt upcycle idea that is quick and easy. Plus, they can be used in so many different ways to decorate items in your home.
These DIY leather tags are such a super easy craft made with an old belt upcycle idea and heat stamping. If you don’t have any old belts available, you can find them at thrift stores, or yard sales for cheap.
TIPS ON USING A HEAT TOOL WITH HOT STAMPS:
- Let tool heat up all the way
- Have a practice piece of material available. You can use these stamps on wood, leather, cork and a variety of materials, practice first!
- Adjust the setting to the heat setting for your project (practice helps with this). For this project I set the tool like this:
SUPPLIES FOR DIY Leather Tags FROM OLD BELT UPCYCLE
- Leather Cording
- Walnut Hollow Wood Burner Tool
- Hot Stamp Letters
- Old Belt – check out thrift stores and yard sales!
- Leather – if you don’t have an old belt
- Craft Knife
INSTRUCTIONS FOR DIY LEATHER TAGS
- Decide the length that you want your leather tags to be.
- Use a craft knife or fabric scissors to cut to size.
- Get all your letters lined out for the word you want to add.
- Get your heat tool warmed up.
- Stamp the letters on the leather tag. You always want to stamp straight up and down.
- Use thick leather gloves, or something heat resistant to change out the letters between stamping. The letters get hot!
- Cut a small slice at each edge of the leather tag with a craft knife.
- Tie a knot in one end of the leather cording and wrap it around the item you are adding the tag to.
- Secure the opposite end of the leather cording with a knot and pull it tight to ensure it’s secure.
how to use leather tags
- Add them to garden pots like I show.
- Attach them to a beautiful journal for a great gift idea.
- Use them at as place cards, or table numbers.
- Create bookmarks using a larger size.
- Make a bracelet by using a grommet kit.
Make pretty DIY leather tags with this old belt upcycle idea. Add a favorite quote or word and get creative with how you use them. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Make pretty DIY leather tags with this old belt upcycle idea. Add a favorite quote or word and get creative with how you use them.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you enjoyed this upcycle idea, you may also want to check these out:
Connect more here:
Connect more here: