I was having a conversation with my mom and it got me thinking about little ways to show your man you love him, you’re thinking about him, you’re on his team.
Because you know men think in team mentality.
Now, even if you don’t have a man I want you to know that these ideas work for anyone you love. So don’t close the tab just yet.
The bottom line is we all LOVE to feel loved, wanted, appreciated and thought of. Here are a few super simple ways to show the ones you love that you care. They don’t cost a dime and are quick and easy. I’d LOVE to hear you ideas to add to the list. We all need a pocket full of inspiration in this department don’t ya think?
- Keep a Dry Erase Marker in the Bathroom – Say what? Yes, you read that right. I keep a dry erase marker in my makeup drawer at all times. When I go out of town or even on a random Tuesday I sprawl a silly note across the mirror for my man. Sometimes it’s just I love you. Sometimes it’s thank you. Sometimes it’s you look hot. Whatever the occasion may be a sweet note scribbled on your bathroom mirror is an unexpected way to show love and thought.
- Texting For Nothing – We text people 1.73 million times a day for the craziest stuff. Look what the cat did. Can you pick up some Cantaloupe. Where are you? But a sweet text for nothing is the best text you’ll send or receive all day. Just a simple hey, I was thinking about you. Or I love you. Of course there are other text options for your guy, but I’m keeping this PG, so do what you want on your own. 😘
- Fill Their Tank – I rarely drive my husband’s truck because I don’t like to. But, when I do I make it a point to never return it on empty. He does the same. We usually see this errand as a guy kind of task and as woman aren’t always great at it. So today, think of ways you can fill your man’s tank. It may not be literally filling his car with gas, but there is some task he typically does that you can step in a do on occasion as an “I see you, I see what you do” kind of gesture. Maybe take out the trash, mow the yard, fix something that is broken. Reverse the role and it will fill his tank.
- Be in Competition – Yep. Start an all out race in your relationship. A competition to see who can out serve who. This one was my husband’s idea. Years ago he said to me, “what if we just tried to out serve each other?” I will never forget that suggestion as long as I live. I’m the first to admit, my husband wins this race by a mile, but it’s a great race whether you come in first or second. Make the coffee, hang the towel over the shower door while he’s in it, pick up the dry cleaning. The list is long on how you can do this one.
- Treat Him Like a Dog – This one is easy. Do you have a dog? Even if you don’t you’ve been to someone’s house who does, so you know how this goes. Anytime we walk through the door our dogs race to greet us, pawn and jump all over us. Even if we were gone for 10 minutes to check the mail. Do the same for your man. Get up when he comes home, greet him at the door, welcome him, love him, let him know you missed him. Throw him a bone.
Now, you may be reading this thinking, “he doesn’t do this for me.” or ” I already do everything around the house as it is.” Will you trust me on this?
The more you serve and speak his language, the more he will respond. And things change. Relationships shift. I have a loooonnnnggg way to go on this list myself, but each day we can put on foot in front of the other and try our very best to love as we desire to be loved.
Give it a try and let me know what you think! Don’t forget to tell me your ideas so I can finally win that “out serve” race over at my house! Also – if you have never read The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman, order it today. Pronto. If it’s sitting on your bookshelf re-read it. You may be over there rubbing his feet when he really needs to hear you appreciate him. The book is a relationship game changer. Much love and blessings on your relationship today friend!
Connect more here: